Get Ready for the INCREDIBLE! The Incredible Edibles Plant Sale That Is!
Mark your calendars...
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Program your GPS...
1624 NE Hancock Street, Portland, OR
Set your phone notifications for 10am to 3pm (note the early birds get the best selection)!
Embrace homegrown goodness at the 2018 Incredible Edibles Plant Sale on Saturday, May 5, 10am to 3pm, at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1624 NE Hancock Street.
This will be your opportunity to buy organic herb and veggie starts for your home garden so you can harvest nutritious, fresh-picked goodness for your table!
The Incredible Edibles Sale offers a luscious array of local, organically-grown, vegetable starts at very reasonable prices. You’ll find both heirlooms and hybrids among our proven varieties of tomatoes, cukes, peppers, eggplants, squash, greens, lettuces, herbs and more.
Varieties offered have been specially selected by the Multnomah County Master Gardeners for their ability to thrive right here in our Pacific Northwest climate. Our grower will be delivering truckloads of premium veggie starts.
Incredible Edibles! Come early for the best selection!
Here is a sneak preview of just some of the varieties will are offering. Check it out... 2018 Incredible Edible Vegetables Selection!
‘Get the Real Dirt’ from OSU Extension trained Master Gardener Volunteers who will be on site to answer your gardening questions.
New to growing edibles? There will be lots of information and helpful Master Gardeners to get you started on successfully growing your own food.
Plant. Grow. Eat. workshops...Scheduled throughout the day to inspire and provide education for new adventures in growing your own food and getting it on your table. New to growing edibles? The Incredible Edibles Plant Sale is the place for you, with lots of information and helpful Master Gardeners to launch you successfully on growing your own food.
- 10:30 am “Tips for the Beginning Veggie Gardener” A great workshop for those you know who are beginning gardeners. Learn tips and tricks on how to “get growing” your very own vegetable garden. Learn just how easy it is to have nutritious veggies to harvest. Presenter: Robin Greenwood, OSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer.
- 11:15 am “Picnic Worthy Harvest Eats” Celebrate your harvest with creative, seasonal dishes that are shareable and begging to be enjoyed outdoors. Presentation includes delicious, nourishing, and beautifully unexpected ways to use what you grow, with a focus on dishes from Mediterranean and "West Coast Nordic" cuisines. Presenter: Kristen Rasmussen de Vasquez, OSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer, chef, nutritionist, and founder of Rooted Food.
- 12:00 pm “Quick Curing Vegetables” Get inspiration on how to utilize your bountiful veggie harvest with quick, delectable preparations. Presenter: Joe Hickey, Chef, Noble Rot.
- 12:45pm “Successfully Growing Tomatoes” One of the sweetest rewards of summer is to take a bite of a sun ripened, home grown tomato! Ensure you have a hefty harvest of these jewels. Learn tried and true steps to grow a terrific crop of tomatoes, from soil prep up until harvest. Presenter: Eddie Rosen, OSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer.
- 1:30pm “Pick a Prolific Peck of Perfect Peppers” Yes! You can grow a prolific crop of ripe, sweet and hot peppers here in the Pacific NW. Be sure to check out this workshop to get the nitty-gritty know-how you need to grow your very own prolific, peck, of perfect peppers! Presenter: Eddie Rosen, OSU Extension Master Gardener Volunteer.
Kids Grow...Our Incredible Event is for young and old alike. Tell your family and friends with kiddos and be sure to drop by the Kids Grow station for garden science. There will be hands-on activities for the kids—led by a stellar crew of education-conscience MGs. Plant some seeds, check out a worm bin, take a close-up look at insects, and more!
Feed Your Soul...with our community conscientious vendors who are offering delicious fare.
- Cave Painter Coffee committed to their community, collaboration, sustainability, and providing delicious coffee with personalized service. What more could we ask for to fuel our day at the Incredible?! Oh, yeah...pastries! Cave Painter Coffee will be serving up their exquisite brew and delectible pastries!
- Salvador Molly's! Featuring street food from global hot-spots. Salvador Molly's will be serving up the absolutely BEST tamales! Savory meat tamales and vegan tamales with fresh organic locally grown veggies. Taste a 'world of flavors'!
- Nourishment - Burritos, Chilaquiles & Bowls, OH MY! Noruishment will roll in their vintage food truck to serve up nutritious deliciousness!
Garden Inspired Art...
- Victory Garden of Tomorrow Artist Joe Wirtheim brings his gorgeous, thought - and action - provoking poster and design project to the Incredible Edibles sale. "Victory Garden of Tomorrow is commited to civic innovation and social progress - better food, better gardens, better cities. It is artful advocacy for the modern home-front," To see Joe's stunning project: www.victorygardenoftomorrow.com Check out his great new signs for the garden!
Incredible Entertainment Bop while you shop - listening to incredible tunes from amazing artists.
1:45pm Cántabro – check out a celebratory, festive performance from OSU Master Gardener Luke Maurer and friends.
Incredible Raffle! Be sure to check out our incredible raffle prize…raised garden bed, nursery certificates, hummingbird chandelier from Orchard Supply and Hardware, restaurant certificates, theater tickets, garden books, fruit trees from Cornell Farms, gardening gear and more!! Tickets are just $5 and YOU pick which prizes to try your luck on. Wonderful prizes thanks to our wonderful donors!
Gardeners Goods! We have just those garden accessories needed to support gardening ease and success!
Stylin' Garden Tote - grab this stylin' garden tote - 100% cotton canvas, displaying a plump sassy beet, and the proclamation.. "Plant. Grow. Delight in the Garden"
Floating row cover—for protecting early sprouts from hard spring rains and for keeping your kale, chard, and broccoli protected from aphids, leaf miner, and the pretty white cabbage moth. Also helps prevent those young peas from becoming nesting material for the neighbor crows. We will have lots of bags of 10’ x 15’ row cover for sale. It’s the perfect size to construct a row cover hoop house for a 4’ x 8’ raised garden bed.
Atlas garden gloves—they last almost forever, are easy to wash, and come in great colors. A favorite of the Demo Garden crew.
Hori hori knife and sheath—experienced gardeners swear by the hori hori. This is a high-quality, locally-made model.
Gama hoe—a truly great hand weeder (we will even have gama hoes for lefties!).
Garden harvest scissors (in several colors)—strong blades and soft handle makes harvesting and thinning easy.
Heavy-duty pruners—steel handles, dual bumper, replaceable blade, center oiler. A great value!
Free admission. Everyone welcome.