For Veteran Master Gardener Volunteers
We hope that you are interested in continuing to learn and volunteer with the Master Gardener program. If so, the yearly requirements to maintain your status as an “active” Master Gardener volunteer are:
- Submit two OSU forms yearly (Conditions of Volunteer Service/Position Description)
- 10 hours of continuing education for recertification
- 20 hours of documented volunteer service:
- At least 10 hours at MG Program sponsored activities such as phone clinics, tabling at farmers markets and other community events and making gardening presentations. WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP to sta ff these events, which are at the core of OSU’s public outreach mission.
- As many additional hours as you like toward any and all other approved volunteer activities.
If you have submitted the required volunteer forms above, you have received an email from us with instructions on how you can access the online content and the workshop series that are part of the MG training in 2016. These are both new opportunities for you to get continuing education credit for recertification.
Educational programming at MG chapter meetings and other events See our educational events calendar organized by Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington County chapters of Master Gardener Association. Com e on out to learn from your peers and connect with other MG volunteers.
Once a year, all the Metro Master Gardeners have the opportunity to refresh their knowledge about an array of issues related to our mission. This past fall, recertification training was held on November 15th. Although the program for this coming fall has not been set, a description of last fall's presentations is included below. Attending this day of (re)learning covers more than half of the 10 hours required yearly of active Master Gardeners. Workshops, Online classes, and regular training sessions all count toward that recertification requirement.